Friday 6 September 2013

Learning reflection for Session 1: 4th - 5th September 2013 - OCL4Ed



My Reflections on Learning - OCL4Ed

First of all, I am not so much used to blogging, thankfully after this 1st session, I manage to create my blog for this course and write my thoughts. Then I heard about ‘microblog’, I researched and understood the difference between a blog and a microblog. Moreover I did not quite paid attention about vocation and profession before, then this question rose up and made me think about my roles and attitudes as an educator. Eventually, it is now through the open forum that I got to think about my vocation and my profession and reflect about my personal situation as a teacher.

This free course on Open Content Licensing is digging out my mind about my previous knowledge on open education resources. The tasks we get involved in the activity helps to think deeper about teaching aids and resources. I have been able to distinguish between vocation and profession. Moreover after watching the video on Desmond Tutu statement on digital freedom where he spoke about cultural artifacts, I realize it is time to sensitize the population about sharing and enlarging the academic community. We cannot live as selfish people. It is high time to innovate and develop new strategies and sharing resources in teaching and learning, this will not only saves time and energy but will create fraternity among teachers and make them competent in their job.

Sharing of ideas create variety in learning materials and enhance the objectives, thus creating better students for the future. Since we have easy access to internet and software tools and application, uploading learning materials and resources can be done a click away and made easy for the students to do research and become independent learner. Additionally, this will make us feel as in a global educational village with positive attitudes towards helping each other in teaching and learning throughout the world and get to learn though other cultures as well.

Shahina lalloo.
University of Mauritius
Mauritius
OCL4Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment